We are seeking an Estimator/Cost Consultant to enhance and develop our existing estimating/BID team based either in London or in our Coventry offices.
The role offers an excellent opportunity for career development within an award-winning growing business. Concept provides bespoke geotechnical environmental and structural investigation and assessment services in a wide range of sectors, from energy and transport infrastructure to commercial developments and defence.
The successful candidate will be tasked with taking tenders from initial enquiry to submission of a fee proposal. He/she should be able to demonstrate a track record of successful tendering and costing jobs with values ranging from £10K to £2M in the groundworks, ground investigation and civil engineering sectors. He/she should have a thorough understanding of contractual procedures and responsibilities and the ability to analyse and assess risk with good negotiation, influencing and communication skills.
Ability to develop new related work streams and/or new clients within existing core work streams (geotechnical, geo-environmental and structural investigations and assessment) will be advantageous.
The work will be mainly office based with site visits to price projects anywhere in the UK and occasionally abroad.
In return for your dedication, you’ll enjoy a quality total remuneration package, including contributory pension. You’ll also benefit from great training and development opportunities, with support to achieve your career goals. Salary is negotiable depending on experience.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include:
- Tender pricing: Respond to tender queries, prepare and submit competitive investigation tender packages and quotations with values ranging from £10k to £2m+.
- Job costing: Calculate the price of time, labour and materials for complex, bespoke investigation contracts.
- Managing and assisting the preparation of Pre-Qualification Questionnaires for Framework Agreements and Large Tenders
- Negotiation of effective cost settlements for projects
- Analysis of contract documentation and preparation of accurate subcontractor packages for pricing; liaising and negotiating with subcontractors and key suppliers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Estimating and job costing experience within the Groundworks or Civil Engineering sector;
- Estimating and job costing experience in the investigation sector desirable but not essential;
- BSc Degree in relevant discipline desirable but not essential;
- Strong commercial acumen and problem solving abilities;
- Clear communication skills, both verbally and oral;
- Excellent Negotiating Skills;
- In depth knowledge of civil engineering contracts;
- Full UK driving licence;
- CSCS card.
Package and Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary.
- Excellent benefits package.
Concept is an award-winning Specialist Investigation Company based in offices across the UK. We provide geotechnical, environmental and structural investigations and advice for a wide range of clients in the private and public sectors. Our projects are high-profile and complex, and our aim is to deliver high quality, tailor made solutions and advice safely and efficiently to our Clients by adopting a cooperative, open and proactive approach.
Concept is a fresh, innovative and dynamic specialist site investigation company established in 1997. We provide geotechnical, environmental and structural investigation services and advice. Since formation we have sustained steady growth and have been involved in numerous high-profile and complex projects throughout the UK and abroad. Concept is ISO9001 and ISO14001 approved by LRQA and LINK UP approved by audit. We work for all major Public and Private bodies in the UK. Our aim is to deliver high quality, tailor made solutions and advice to our Clients by adopting a cooperative, open and proactive approach. We owe our success to our people and we are committed to maintaining a positive and enjoyable work environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a culture that allows all our employees to develop in line with their aims and objectives.