Details A detailed ground investigation to inform the design for the proposed redevelopment of a 13.6 acre site in Canary Wharf. The development included reclaiming part of the dock area by constructing a cofferdam and this required specialist drilling using floating platforms over water. There were significant challenges during the investigation and Concept designed and […]View project
Date - January 2017 – August 2017
Value - £150,000
Designer / Consultant - Concept Engineering Consultants Ltd
Client - London Underground Ltd.
Concept became involved with this project at the pre-feasibility design stage where the client required two possible locations for the new Operation Control Centre (OCC) to be assessed. London Underground Limited were proposing a 9,000m2 facility, massed over three stories. It was to be proposed that the building would comprise with a single basement with a two-storey structure above ground.
To enable the project to progress to feasibility stage Concept undertook a series of desktop and non-intrusive site surveys.
Scope of Works
- Desktop Report to identify all ground risk and provide a historical account of the site for contamination
- Utility Survey to identify services provided by both LUL and external providers within the site boundary and externally.
- Topographic Survey to assist in drainage design and planning submission drawings
- Transport Statement as part of the planning submission.
- Unexploded Ordnance Desk Top Survey (UXO) to assist with planned intrusive investigations and contamination sources as part of the EIA
- Flood Risk Assessment required for planning
- Environmental Impact Statement required for planning
- Workshops to provide geotechnical input to the design team on possible foundation and basement construction options with associated risk and mitigation strategies.
The project was successfully progressed through feasibility stage with Concept designing Stage 2 intrusive site investigations to obtain geotechnical data to allow valued engineered foundations designs to be made for he three story construction.
Details The purpose of the investigation was to understand the ground and groundwater conditions at the site and to determine the nature and extent of any ground and groundwater contamination. The site was occupied by the active Washpool Water Treatment Works; the ground investigation work were undertaken prior to the construction of a new UV […]View project